How to Grow Your Business & Increase Your Sales with Social Media Marketing
Social media marketing is a powerful tool that connects millions of people around the world seamlessly to their technology. Whether it be a phone, a tablet or a computer, it’s safe to say that it can transform any business entity into a powerhouse for sales, engagement and interaction. Additionally, using social media to build a following for your brand can cost significantly less than traditional methods.
Which Social Media Platform Should I Use to Grow My Business & Increase My sales?
The short answer – anyone that you will use on a consistent basis. PromoAffiliates often mentors small startup companies and businesses who have signed up for every social media site known to man. Twitter, Instagram, Vimeo, Facebook, Google Plus & More.
Often, what we find when people do this is that they are not consistently committing to using all their registered platforms. Doing so creates an incomplete image of your business throughout social media and doesn’t allow you to put your time and energy into the platforms that are working.
Things to Remember:
- Pick one or two social media networks to build your brand or image.
- When choosing those networks, focus on ones that you have a previous history with and know how to use.
- Be consistent! (It’s not what we do occasionally that shapes our business; it’s what we do daily.
Developing a Dedicated Strategy on Social Media
To profit on social media, it’s important to develop a marketing strategy that is specific to your niche, brand or demographic. There are different ways to do this but ultimately it comes down to a few basic principles.
Have you ever heard the saying “Lightning doesn’t strike twice in the same place?” Well the same goes for marketing strategies. In most instances, what worked before may never work again. It’s important that however you chose to market to potential clients that you are providing useful information about what they are interested in, not what you think they should be.
When developing strategies, you must also choose a medium in which to connect with your audience. In most cases, pictures or videos will be used, as they are the most cost effective ways to advertise throughout social media platforms. It’s important however to keep in mind what content is compelling, appropriate, attractive and in-demand for your target demographic.
Finally – if the goal is to bring individuals to your website or a specific landing page, or possibly to make a call, you must include a call-to-action. This can be a button, a phrase or a field to enter information.
The 5 Laws of Social Media Marketing
We’ve compiled a list of the five most important laws when Social Media Marketing. We recommend reading them and practicing them daily to become fluent in how they work.
- To be successful in social media marketing it requires more listening and less talking. Take the time out to research your target audience’s online content, discussions, pictures and ideas. Doing so will give you an overall better understanding of what adds value to their lives in your niche.
- Being a jack of all trades is well, great for jack. A highly focused social media and content marketing strategy has a better chance for success than broad attempts that appeal to all things and people. Narrow your focus to find your vision.
- Quality will always be greater than quantity. It’s more important to have 1,000 online connections who read, share, talk and participate in your content than 10,000 connections who disappear after their first interaction.
- This is often overlooked but a great law. You cannot expect others in your surrounding niche to share, like and use your services if you are not using or engaging with theirs. Take the time out to go like your fans pages, leave them comments and ask for suggestions.
- There is no key to virality – so how bow dah? While some individuals take their 15 second, claim to internet fame, this is not common. Building a brand, idea, or product takes months, years and sometimes decades. Remember, the longer it takes, the more trust is compounded into the brand over the time it took to get there.
As noted above, social media marketing can be a powerful tool in your tool-box. It is not the end all be all to sales, conversions and return on investment but it is low-cost and in most cases free. We recommend using social media as frequently as possible to engage with your customers, clients or groups.
Let Us Help You
While we encourage every business owner, startup or business to manage their own social media followings and profiles, we are always available for consultation. If you want to focus more on other aspects of your business we are equipped to handle all marketing channels and strive to increase your sales while branding your business.
How did you like our Social Media Marketing article?